Avocados are awesome! They are packed with vitamins like A, C, E, are a good source of soluble fiber, have lots of potassium and contain monosaturated fat.
Blah blah blah…pretty much, avocados can help prevent illness, heart disease and heart attacks, reduce the risk of breast and prostate cancer, help with digestion, lowers cholesterol and they’re yummy!
- Mash 1/2 an avocado and replace it as a spread instead of mayo/mustard
- Mix 1/2 avocado with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and scoop on top of a baked sweet potato
- Toss chopped avocado pieces in with scrambled eggs or chopped boiled eggs and serve over whole wheat toast
- Add grilled turkey, sliced avocado, and cheese to a whole wheat tortilla for a lunchbox favorite
- Toss chopped avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, 1T chopped onions and 2T balsamic vinaigrette for a yummy snack
Thanks to http://www.mysuperfoodscompany.com for the FIve Ways to add Avocados