This is definitely a recipe i want to try as cauliflowers are among the cruciferous veggie group. They have tons of beneficial properties like reducing chances of stomach ulcers and stomach cancer, anti-oxidizing, and prevent diseases.
1 head of cauliflower
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons light sour cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop the core finely.
2. Bring about 1 cup of water to a simmer in a pot, then add the cauliflower. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook the cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
3. Drain and discard all of the water (the drier the cauliflower is, the better) and add the milk, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper and mash with a masher until it looks like “mashed potatoes.” Top with chives.
I love baked kale chips. They’re pretty addicting and oh so healthy.
They’re easy to make- 5-10 min. prep time and 10-15 min. bake time. Check out the recipe by clicking on the photo.
Tips: feel free to use your hands to rip apart the kale from the stem instead of using a knife. also, toss kale in a large zip loc bag with olive oil to evenly coat the kale.
Avocados are awesome! They are packed with vitamins like A, C, E, are a good source of soluble fiber, have lots of potassium and contain monosaturated fat.
Blah blah blah…pretty much, avocados can help prevent illness, heart disease and heart attacks, reduce the risk of breast and prostate cancer, help with digestion, lowers cholesterol and they’re yummy!
- Mash 1/2 an avocado and replace it as a spread instead of mayo/mustard
- Mix 1/2 avocado with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and scoop on top of a baked sweet potato
- Toss chopped avocado pieces in with scrambled eggs or chopped boiled eggs and serve over whole wheat toast
- Add grilled turkey, sliced avocado, and cheese to a whole wheat tortilla for a lunchbox favorite
- Toss chopped avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, 1T chopped onions and 2T balsamic vinaigrette for a yummy snack
Thanks to http://www.mysuperfoodscompany.com for the FIve Ways to add Avocados